Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent
Welcome to our Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent web-page. We would like to go over some issues and concerns we hear about when buying or selling real estate in Novi Michigan (applies everywhere). When selecting a real estate agent to work with a common concern would almost always be– How well does your real estate agent know Novi Michigan and the immediate surrounding communities? This is very important as every single city/township/municipality has a different way or culture of how they do business.
* A few things to consider: understanding the municipalities involvement in the sale of real estate, inspection processes, local trends, what’s included in taxes and association fee’s, is agent accessible to area your interested in along with other hyper local (down to the specific house or neighborhood) concerns that could arise. Some area’s are very heavily involved while other municipalities don’t get involved at all. Is your real estate agent calm and confident on what a property needs to be priced at or what to make your offer amount?
Here are a few great idea’s when selecting a Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent.
- Check your real estate agent’s web presence. Do they have web sites that actually work for the consumer or is it just there doing nothing? From what we have been experiencing when a home is first put up for sale it is all about marketing! It doesn’t matter how good you are at other aspects of real estate if the information doesn’t get out to where the potential home buyers are looking!
- Does your real estate agent know the area and immediate (touching communities)? City inspections, private inspectors, local title companies, local municipalities, tax information, insurance information, school districts, little league sports (baseball), local parks and the general culture of doing business in the area.
- Interview your possible real estate agent (maybe two or three) and look past what is said and make sure you feel good about moving forward with them. Remember many presentations are just designed to get you to feel good right now–will they do what they said they would? Web presence and web blogging will show how and if the business is up to speed by today’s standard.
- Does your Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent have all the modern day tools and resources to get your goals accomplished? Just to mention a few: Electronic signature programs, multiple offices for doing business, admin assistance and help, technology that can be used anywhere/anytime, etc.
- Will your Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent be with you from start to finish? Will they be at the inspection, take the pictures, take notes on homes or your home, assist with measurements, have a good network of people should the need arise, know anything about the construction they are looking at, be available for your questions and concerns, be at your closing in person, go over all of your documents for closing prior to closing so you fully understand what you are signing and why, etc, etc.
What a Novi Michigan Real Estate Agent should be doing
Let’s be real clear– Your real estate agent is not your inspector, appraiser, structural engineer, lawyer, accountant or anything other that what they are licensed for. As long as you and your agent are very clear on this topic you should be in good hands. Your real estate agent should have a general knowledge on many topics but not promise you something that is out of their expertise–that is what the other professions are for. Real estate agents regularly attend many home inspections and learn many things while attending them. This could be a great source of knowledge for you to call on while house hunting. Just always make sure to note the advice from your agent and then ask the appropriate professional for which the question would fall under. Your real estate agent should be with you from start to finish assisting with everything within their capability to assist with. Do your real estate research and go with what works best for you.
We are proud to work the real estate community of Novi Michigan. We would love the opportunity to be your Novi Michigan Real Estate Agents. Please feel free to contact us at BobandTeena@Yahoo.com or direct at 734-578-6561. Thank You